Collaborations in Spain: Performance, Drawing, Objects and Live Feed Projection
Málaga, Spain, October 2024 and May 2025
During October 2024 and May 2025, I developed a series of collaborative experiments in southern Spain combining improvised performance, drawing, objects and other materials with live feed projection. Much of this work took place during two residencies at Bajo El Olivo near Alhaurín el Grande, with another collaboration taking place in Málaga during May 2025.
In October 2024, I collaborated with the performance duo GU!ATARI, Alejandro Benito and Laura Maillo, and separately with performance artist Niche Ramírez. I worked with Ramírez again during my May 2025 residency, when musician Daniel Blacksmith joined the collaboration. During May I also collaborated in Málaga with the duo Random Visuals, Javier Lopez and Luqproject.
The collaborations were unscripted and developed differently with each group of artists. Live feed cameras recorded improvised drawings, objects and other materials, which were projected onto performers and surrounding surfaces in real time. Drawing, movement, sound, shadows, projected imagery and the physical environment became materials that we could respond to while the collaborations were taking place.
I am continuing to edit and work through the video documentation from these collaborations. Unlike some of my other recent residency projects, the Spain material remains an evolving body of work, with the relationships between the individual collaborations and the final form of the edited videos still being worked through because of the different approaches and contributions of the four groups of collaborators.
Video Documentation:
View the Collaborations in Spain playlist for edited and in-progress video documentation from the October 2024 and May 2025 collaborations:
Niche Ramírez and I used translation apps on our phones to communicate during the collaboration, as he spoke limited English and I spoke limited Spanish.
%20EXPORT.00_00_24_40.Still003.png)


%20EXPORT.00_00_27_17.Still010.png)
%20Oct%2027,%202024%20V5%20EXPORT%20(in%20progress%20edit).00_23_22_08.Still001.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_57_53%20(No%20Text).Still007.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_57_53.Still006.png)
%20EXPORT.00_02_05_20.Still013.png)

%20Oct%2027,%202024%20V5%20EXPORT%20(in%20progress%20edit).00_12_44_25.Still002.png)
%20Oct%2027,%202024%20V5%20EXPORT%20(in%20progress%20edit).00_12_32_41.Still003.png)
%20Oct%2027,%202024%20V5%20EXPORT%20(in%20progress%20edit).00_11_59_52.Still001.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_47_26.Still003.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_28_30.Still012.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_29_19.Still001.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_32_09.Still011.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_33_12.Still001.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_36_13.Still002.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_36_48.Still002.png)
%20EXPORT.00_00_42_26.Still004.png)


%20EXPORT.00_01_05_04.Still008.png)
%20EXPORT.00_01_21_08.Still009.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment